Mailing list problems - should be fixed now

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Mar 5 21:35:17 CET 2008

There's been some problems with the mail server hosting the Hobbit
mailing list over the past few days. It seems that mail has been
rejected with a temporary error, so your mails to the list might have
been delayed. It hasn't affected all mail, but some of it certainly
has been queued up.

The problem was caused by a clamav virus scanner acting up; Debian
bugtracker http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=467298 has
the details.

My Hobbit setup did catch that clamav was misbehaving, but I didn't
realize that it would have this impact on the mailsystem.

I expect the backlog to be flushed out over the next few hours.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused.