[hobbit] Hobbit compatible temperature monitor

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed Jun 25 17:45:06 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 25 June 2008 17:28:01 Eric Boyd wrote:
> I am looking to add temperature graphs to hobbit.
>
> What should I use to monitor and graph the temperature of our server room?
> None of our servers report any temperature readings in the client data.

What servers are these? Any recent HP or Dell servers, if you have their
respective agents (HPASM or OMSA) installed, should allow you to monitor
their temperatures via snmp, e.g. with Devmon + Hobbit you should be able to
get graphs for each temperature probe.

> We have some APC battery backups that have environmental monitors built
> in,

Can you get the temperature data via SNMP? The existing templates for APC
devices in devmon don't have any 'temp' test, but if the data is there that
can be fixed.

Regards,
Buchan