Service smtp on xxxxxx is not OK : Unexpected service response
andrew at bccit.co.uk
Wed Jun 25 15:12:44 CEST 2008
I know this has been reported before, but I've gone through all the
offered solutions to no avail.
Hobbit 4.1.2p1 runs smtp checks against several Exchange mail servers.
Was working fine until June 6th (when I added RDP service).
Since then, get alternating Green (4 mins) then Yellow (< 1 min) on SMTP
- Yellow status says "Service smtp on xxxxxxxx is not OK : Unexpected
- Green status says "Service smtp on xxxxxxxx is OK (up)"
- SMTP test always shows as yellow on Hobbit Status pages.
- Conn test to same IP as SMTP is always Green.
- Telnet to port 25 of SMTP IP from Hobbit command line gives normal
Exchange 220 response.
- Have tried removing RDP service - no change.
- Have tried adding/removing various "send" entries to SMTP test, as per
previous information in the Hobbit archives. I have tried with each of
the following, and with none -
send "ehlo hostname.domainname.com\r\nmailfrom:hobbit (at)
send "vrfy postmaster\r\nquit\r\n"
- all make no difference. NB: I did restart Hobbit between each change &
waited 10 minutes.
- Without the "send" line, my SMTP entry is as follows:
- The RDP test works fine!
Does anyone have any ideas?
Support and Technical Development Officer
BCC IT Solutions
DDI: 0871 288 2036
Tel: +44 (0)1239 710823
Providers of business to business IT Solutions & Services
Back-up - Anti Virus - Security - Servers - Wireless Networks - VPN - Remote Monitoring - Project Consultation Hardware Provision Servers & Workstations - Disaster Recovery - Proactive Diagnostics - System Migration - Fibre CAT5e Server Administration - Forensics - Grant Appraisal - Network Management - System Appraisals - Support Contracts ...
For full e-mail terms & conditions of use, please follow the link to the bcc web site http://www.bccitsolutions.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=1
BCC IT Solutions is a trading name of European Computer Units Limited, Registered in Cardiff, Company Registration No. 2651835
Registered Office: Unit B Station Road, Newcastle Emlyn, Carmarthenshire, Wales, SA38 9BX
More information about the Xymon