[hobbit] curves went to zero but didn't have a report?

Steve Holmes sholmes42 at mac.com
Tue Jun 24 17:03:36 CEST 2008

[bottom]

2008/6/24 Andrew Chen <Andrew.Chen at ehealth-china.com>:

>  Hi Hubbard,
>
>         Thanks for your reply.  I have checked the conn, it  only stopped
> 10m(13:45~13:55).  I  want to know if the hobbit can check the server's CPU
> and Memory when they Zero. If I can recevie some email from hobbit. So I
> first know it. Can you give me some advice for hobbit setting? I am learning
> hobbitJ

I think the answer to your question is: not without some programming. I.e.
you are looking for a parameter in hobbit-client.cfg similar to the PROCS
config with which you can specify both a minimum and a maximum allowable
number of processes, but in the memory case you want to be able to specify a
minimum as well as a maximum on memory usage (ditto for cpu).
To do this you would have to write your own script. Note, this says nothing
about whether the usage *really* is dropping to zero or not. I think Greg is
probably right about the agent.

Steve