[hobbit] Monitor IGNORE configs

Dominique Frise Dominique.Frise at unil.ch
Thu Jun 19 07:55:29 CEST 2008

Extract of bb-hosts(1):

------------------
    DOWNTIME=[columns:]day:starttime:endtime:cause[,day:starttime:endtime:cause]
           This tag can be used to  ignore  failed  checks  during
           specific  times  of  the day - e.g. if you run services
           that are only monitored e.g. Mon-Fri  8am-5pm,  or  you
           always reboot a server every Monday between 5 and 6 pm.

           What happens is that if a test fails during the  speci-
           fied  time,  it is reported with status BLUE instead of
           yellow or red. Thus you can still see when the  service
           was  unavailable,  but alarms will not be triggered and
           the downtime is not counted in the availability  calcu-
           lations generated by the Hobbit reports.

           The "columns" setting is optional - it may be a  comma-
           separated  list  of  status  columns  in which case the
           DOWNTIME setting only applies to these columns.

           The "cause" string (optional) is a text  that  will  be
           displayed  on  the  status  web page to explain thy the
           system is down.

           The syntax for DOWNTIME is the same as the one used  by
           the NKTIME parameter.

Example to ignore failed checks for "http" only from 05:25 to 05:30 AM every
day, with "Restarting" cause:

DOWNTIME=http:*:0525:0530:Restarting

Dominique