[hobbit] BBWin and Hobbit msgs log question.

Aaron Zink AaronZink at eharmony.com
Tue Jun 17 01:13:20 CEST 2008

I'll try to answer these:

1) Honestly I'm not sure.  It shows up in the .txt file in tmp as eventlog_application but I have had more luck just using some sort of regex with application in it, like ^.*application.*$.  No idea if this is a bug or not.  One thing you could try to troubleshoot is just use an all-encompassing regex like .* for the file name to narrow it down.

2) Yes, I do see the [logfile:tlog] error when eventlog:Security is enabled, but I don't believe it is causing any issues.

3) I don't see any errors or failures in your security log, and nothing is in the application or system logs, so I'm not sure what to look for.  Right now I'm using:

hobbit-client.cfg:
        CLASS=win32
        LOG %.* "%error - .*" COLOR=red
        LOG %.* "%failure - .*" COLOR=red
        LOG %.* "%warning - .*" COLOR=yellow

client-local.cfg
        [win32]
        eventlog:security
        ignore Success
        eventlog:application
        ignore information
        eventlog:system
        ignore information

It can be more refined by specifying the log names, but it ensures that all errors, warnings or failures are caught no matter which log they are in.  The ignore entries are an attempt to clean up the data being sent to the hobbit server, but I can't get them to work.

- Aaron Zink