[hobbit] RE:[hobbit] No disk and cpu status from Linux and Solaris clients

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Thu Jun 12 15:36:01 CEST 2008

If the clients are listed on the ghost list, then your problem is a mismatch between the name the client is using and what you have set for it in your bb-hosts file.  There are several ways to fix this.

One way is to update the client startup command to add option for telling the client what name to use.  I forget the parameter, but you can spot it quickly by looking at the client startup script.  This requires touching every host where you have a client, but the fix is permanent, because the client will use whatever name you tell it to use forever.

Another way to deal with it is to add the client tag for each missing host in the bb-hosts file.  This qualifies as a Cheap Fix (tm) because you only have to edit one file, and you can simply read through your ghost list report and make the updates.  The fix will last until the client decides to use a different name some day.

A third way it so figure out why the client thinks it uses one name and your bb-hosts file uses another, and then get them lined up.  This is the path of "correctness" which may appeal to you if you are a purist.

GLH