[hobbit] FILE monitor and mtime<600 troubleshooting

Denver Osborn denver at fni-stl.com
Fri Jul 18 15:58:06 CEST 2008

> I have had problems with the placement of thing in the .cfg files.
>
> Try moving the lines to the very top of the before anything else. This will let you know
> if any of the other entries are causing problem.
>
> At one time I had an empty class name before a hostname of the same class and nothing worked.
> When I moved the host name above all the class names it started working.
>
> Robert
I'm going to move my hobbit-clients.cfg and client-local.cfg entries for the monitor and test.

My OS is HP-UX 11.31 on the server and 11.11 on the client. The sudoers file permissions are 440 bin:bin, but the file monitor does have stats available on the bbdisplay. Regardless, I'm testing with a world readable file too.

Here's what gets reported to the server from the client.

[file:/opt/iexpress/sudo/etc/sudoers]
type:100000 (file)
mode:440 (-r--r-----)
linkcount:1