[hobbit] Monitoring FLEXnet License Manager

michael nemeth michael.nemeth at lmco.com
Thu Jul 17 18:38:13 CEST 2008

Well I got every thing to work in my own way. Anna I'll email direct if
you want exactly what I did, but basicly I turned it in to a server side
network type test .

But two general  Items, first some products/features produce string that
are not unique with in the first 19 charactors; rrdtool DS names can
only be 19 long.

Next  I decide to track max number of licenses for products/features.
Some of our 30 products
are hitting the max on a regular basis! I thought about a "limits
feature (90% yellow ,95+ red) but
could not figure a way to do this for 30 products and many more feature.
By changing the  awk  printf
from:
 $AWK '{printf "%.19s : %d \n", $3, $11 }'
to:
$AWK '{printf "M%.19s : %d \n "%.19s : %d \n", $3, $6, $3, $11 }'
(I think that typed right).

So I get something like :
MMATHLAB : 122
MATHLAB : 99
MSIMULINK : 5
SIMULINK  : 1
.
.
.

NOTE!!!! if you do this I fairly sure your going to have to wipe out the
current flexlm.rrd first.

I found the rrd-status.log a great help in debuging.