[hobbit] MS SQL hobbit monitoring

Dugan, Darin D [EIT] dddugan at iastate.edu
Tue Jul 15 22:49:09 CEST 2008

Perhaps this will be helpful. I finally got around to giving this script a try today and made three changes:

1. I had to run "winmgmt /resyncperf" to get the relevant perf counters registered with WMI.
2. Instead of adding an additional registry key for the output I changed the line to read BBWin's tmppath key:
	extPath = ws.RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\BBWin\tmppath")
3. I put in explicit casts on iObjectValue, iWarnValue and iAlarmValue in CheckValue and CheckReverseValue. Prior to doing this some of my counters went red even though they were well below (or above) the warn threshold. Digging for a while I found the comparisons were failing until I used "Int(iObjectValue)", etc.

With some additional graphing I think this would be a great addition to the shire. I see an older version is posted at deadcat.
Cheers.