[hobbit] Sanity check for config files

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 3 14:36:28 CEST 2008

From: "Everett, Vernon" <Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au>
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 1:46 AM
To: <hobbit at hswn.dk>
Subject: [hobbit] Sanity check for config files

> Hi all
>
> We have a number of teams, with a large number of servers per team, and
> I wanted to give each more autonomy over how they set up their Hobbit
> sub-page.
> (Also means less work for me)

Same needs here.

> I was thinking of having a separate bb-hosts, hobbit-alerts.cfg and
> hobbit-clients.cfg for each team, and then include in the case of
> bb-hosts or run a cron job to concatenate the files, in the case of the
> others.

To my knowledge and practice, only bb-hosts support "include" directive.
not hobbit-alerts.cfg and hobbit-client.cfg. I wish these two cfg files
support include also.

> Is there a way to "sanity check" any of these files before exposing
> hobbit to them?

So far, I am using "beacon" approach by bringing down a vmware session's
interface for 6 minutes
to trigger alarm at certain time each day.

This beacon approach will ensure lots of components in hobbit system
monitoring system are functional.

tj