[hobbit] Future of Hobbit

craig at cookitservices.com craig at cookitservices.com
Thu Jan 31 04:04:21 CET 2008

>This assumes you want to keep on using bb-hosts as the source of your
>layout - I don't think that is a good idea. I would much rather have all
>of the webpage layout stuff moved somewhere separate, so you can generate
>multiple different sets of webpages from the same monitoring data.

This sounds similar to what I did with BBConfigure (on deadcat).  The main config file contains hosts, templates, etc.  There is a separate text file that defines the web page layout (well actually the bb-hosts layout), it contains placeholders the generation script uses and fills in the hosts...  (it generates the bb-hosts and other bb-* config files)

I'll also vote to hold the master config data not in bb-hosts.

Craig Cook