FW: [hobbit] Future of Hobbit - Getting added to distro repos

Coe, Colin C. (Unix Engineer) Colin.Coe at woodside.com.au
Thu Jan 31 01:36:41 CET 2008

Hi all

The rrdtool RPMs are in the Fedora 7/8 Everything repos.  This means
that the _might_ find their way into RHEL6 providing rrdtool (and all
its components) are compatible with RedHat.

It's unlikely hobbit would go into RHEL until it's been in Fedora and
I've had a quick look at the hobbit README and seen that there are four
components that are not GPLed, this may or may not be a problem for
RedHat's lawyers.  This post
(http://www.archivum.info/fedora-extras-list@redhat.com/2005-05/msg00099
.html) requested a review of hobbit for inclusion in Fedora but looks
like no one took up the challenge.

Anyway, I've raised tickets 1801320 and 1801322 with RedHat to have
rrdtool and hobbit included in RHEL5.

I have some experience creating/maintaining RPMs so I'll put my name
forward for consideration in the interim.

HTH

CC