[hobbit] Hobbit DDOS Attack Detection (submission)

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Fri Jan 25 22:28:13 CET 2008

Josh Luthman wrote:
> What kind of firewall do you have for your Hobbit?  The firewall rules
> on my router detect these kinds of script kiddie attacks...
I admin and consult on numerous Hobbit installations.  This particular
one is a small web cluster whose dedicated hosting provider has no IDS
or decent firewall, as they get hit by these sorts of attacks and the
only way to stop them is to request the blockage of specific IPs.  I
didn't mean to imply the "patch" I submitted was for everyone, just
those who might find it useful :)

-Charles