[hobbit] Future of Hobbit

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 22:06:20 CET 2008

>Yeah I think he has planned to implement SSL, just hasn't gotten around
>to it, and since he is the only coder, we have to wait...or do we? If

I think SSL encrypted  channel has higher priority over snmp query(which is also good). for some reason
henrik is implementing snmp feature now.

>someone out there is good at C++, why not help Henrik out and do some

No C++ skill is needed. The source code it is pure C.

>of the coding for him?  I've had the fact that Hobbit "only has one
>coder/author" raised as a red flag when I was advocating
>Hobbit...people ask what will happen if Henrik leaves the scene for any
>reason.

When reading the hobbit source code, there are other names(for patching/bug fixing) in there also.

Looks like Henrik prefer current one-man project approach.
more developers more communication efforts needed.
It will add another burden to him(with a full time job), I think.

I wanna do a lot stuffs with hobbit but only have limited free time and talent.

This wiki book also need contribution http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Hobbit
I am putting my notes whenever I can, Hope others do the same.

tj