disabling monitoring selectively

Dillard, Charlie Charlie.Dillard at usdoj.gov
Fri Jan 25 18:54:35 CET 2008

At my company Hobbit 4.2.0 is running on Linux Redhat AS 3 servers.

I need to make a change.

I have an existing group - Group One - that has one server named Server
A and which two events are being monitored - conn and cpu.

I want to create a Group Two that has the same Server A and I want
monitor conn. I do not want to monitor cpu.

I have tried commands in the bb-hosts file like nocpu, NOCOLUMNS: cpu
all the intuitive stuff. Group Two allways duplicates Group One.

I am doing this to provide a simplied view - Group Two - for our help
desk.

Has this ever been done? If so, can someone point the way. Many thanks.

Charles T. Dillard
Linux engineer
Unisys / U.S. DOJ
Work: 202 616 2149