[hobbit] Monitoring IMG1010 Media Gateway from Cantata

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Fri Jan 25 09:48:08 CET 2008

On Thursday 24 January 2008 18:28:41 Ralph Mitchell wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2008 9:29 AM, Cooper, Ken <Ken.Cooper at intelliverse.com> wrote:
> Never seen or touched one, but Google came up with a product info page that
> contained this link:
>
>    http://www.cantata.com/products/img1010/pdf/img1010_0307.pdf
>
> Under "OAM&P" it lists SNMP & MRTG, so you might be able to pick up some
> useful stuff without having to install anything on the IMG1010 itself.

Note that the svn version of devmon may be able to assist here, I am using the
linux-openwrt template in svn to monitor a Linksys WRT54GL running openwrt
and SNMP, and it has disk, memory and network interface graphs (disk and
memory effectively managed by Hobbit).

The snmp agent on OpenWRT doesn't currently give any CPU or process
information, but it would be easy enough to add templates for a generic SNMP
agent that gives output mostly like a native Hobbit client ...

Regards,
Buchan