Greetings and a question...

Benjamin P. August baugust at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 23 20:16:20 CET 2008

First off, I love Hobbit. A lot. I've been running it as a test in our
department for almost 9 months now and I have convinced the boss to
not renew the contract for our proprietary monitoring package (from a
certain other Scandinavian country) in favor of using Hobbit. I just
need to see if I can put donations on my corporate card. :)

But I do have one last question after all of that effusion. Is anyone
out there running dbcheck.pl and had this error:

"Wed Jan 23 10:21:40 2008:ERROR on sid_name: Timeout connecting to
DBI:Oracle:sid_name!"

I know it isn't a network problem because the hobbit user can connect
using sqlplus just fine and the oratns check is OK. The required Perl
modules installed OK... I think.

(no, sid_name is not our SID, name has been changed to protect the innocent)

Thanks!

--
--Ben
Benjamin P. August