[hobbit] generating a page with the same graph type but from different hosts

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Tue Jan 15 17:52:08 CET 2008

Its not HTML skill required, but rather C, as it would require changes
to Hobbit.  The Metrics Report can only graph things which are defined
as "multi-host" graphs in hobbit-graphs.cfg. And you cant just make
anything a multi-host graph, because they have to be the same type of
graph (cant graph something like disk space and cpu load on a single
graph).

Using some basic HTML, you could still make your own page that shows the
graphs you want. Just right-click a graph in the trends page, and "copy
image location".  You will get a long URL which is a call to hobbitgraph
with lots of parameters.  If you use this URL with an HTML IMG tag, you
can then insert that graph and others on a page. You could then put a
link to that page in the Hobbit menu.

-Charles