Rrd not updating

Everett, Vernon Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au
Tue Jan 15 08:33:25 CET 2008

Hi everybody

Here's a peculiar problem.
All of a sudden, users.rrd, procs.rrd, la.rrd and clock.rrd have stopped
updating.
Actually, it happened on Friday, but I still haven't found the cause.

Is there a common script that updates these 4 rrd graphs?
Or something else common to these four graphs only?
All my other graphs disk, cpu, memory, the lot, are all working fine.
These are a mixture of Solaris and Linux clients, so I suspect it's not
a client-side issue.

I thought it may have been corruption of the files, but it seems
unlikely to happen for only those 4 rrd files for all 300-odd servers.
All four stopped updating at exactly the same time.
Naturally, the graphs are blank too.

Has anybody seen anything like this?
Any help appreciated.

Regards
     Vernon

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential.
They may contain legally privileged information or
copyright material. You must not read, copy, use or
disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact us at once by return
email and then delete both messages and all attachments.