Apache monitoring

Thomas Séglard thomas.seglard at musinaut.com
Tue Jan 8 15:17:13 CET 2008

Hello there and happy new year to all of you !

actually, I'm playing with jMeter to load my platform. I got 2x1000
virtual users connecting to my 2 web servers. Thus, I got almost 1000 VU
on each Apache server. I'm looking at my hobbit graphs now and see
surprising values. On my graphs, I have 1.0 request/sec (apache2 graph)
and 0.005 of cpu utilization (apache3 graph) ! So I'm just asking how to
read results from apache 2 server-status info ? It looks like values are
divided by 1000, am I wrong ? Is it a normal behaviour ? If you are
using a particular script for your Apache performance, please let me
(and us) know :)
Bye !

Thomas
My web server conf : bi-quad core, 4Go RAM, Debian Etch and Apache 2.2.3
/ kernel 2.6.23