[hobbit] Oversize data/client msg

Joshua Krause forums at triadbiz.rr.com
Mon Jan 7 16:31:24 CET 2008

In the server man pages it said that the MSGMAX_DATA defaulted to 256kb so I
raised it to 512kb.  So your saying that I need to raise it to 768kb?  The
only reason I say this is because in the error message it says:

Latest errormessages:
Oversize data/client msg from 172.31.128.50 truncated (n=579186, limit
524288)
First line: gsonc-spg-omea-1|sunos|sunos

Which says the limit is "524588" and if the MSGMAX_DATA is set to 256 by
default then I would think that this value is dealing with the MSGMAX_CLIENT
which is defaulted to 512 and I raised it to 768.