[hobbit] Need info: National holidays

Anna Jonna Armannsdottir annaj at hi.is
Thu Jan 3 17:35:16 CET 2008

On fim, 2008-01-03 at 15:00 +0100, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> To make this easy, I need some information about the holidays in
> each country.

Hi Henrik,
thanks for the hobbit monitor.

Here are descriptions of the icelandic holidays:
# Iceland see: http://www.almanak.hi.is/rim.html
[is]
Whit Monday:type=easter offset=50
Maundy Thursday:type=easter offset=-3
Constitution Day:type=static month=6 day=17
Boxing Day:type=static month=12 day=26
#First Day of Summer: (The first thursday after the 18. april).
# in 2007: 19 of april, in 2008: 24. of april.
First Day of Summer:type=+thu month=4 day=19
#Merchants Holiday: (First monday of august).
Merchants Holiday:type=mon month=8 offset=0

I put in some comments so that you might correct the data if
I had perhaps misunderstood the coding.

I may have most of the faroese holidays as well if you like.

--
Kindest Regards, Anna Jonna Ármannsdóttir,       %&   A: Because people read from top to bottom.
Unix System Aministration, Computing Services,   %&   Q: Why is top posting bad?