[hobbit] Need to monitor IPX/SPX (Novell) based systems

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Jan 2 17:48:31 CET 2008

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 11:13:56AM -0500, Cooper, Ken wrote:
> Has anyone been blessed with this tasks?
>
> If so how did to accomplish it?
>
> I have had no luck locating a client, and really do not want to attempt
> to write one.

I'd suggest hopping over to www.deadcat.net (the Big Brother add-on
repository) and do a search for "netware". There are some tools there,
and I'd think you could put together the most basic monitoring from
those.

I guess the disk/volume monitoring is the most critical one?
bb-nwdisk.pl appears to take care of that, and since it is based on the
Netware SNMP client it doesn't require you to load 3rd-party NLM's on
your server.

There's also bb-ncp.sh, but it is written for Linux with IPX protocol
support - I don't know it that will work on current Linux versions.