strange behavior for hobbit 4.2 with allinone patch

Etienne Grignon etienne.grignon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 16:22:34 CET 2008

Hello Henrik,

I write you because I discovered a strange behavior on hobbit 4.2 with the
all in one patch.

Before the all in one patch, when I had to stop hobbit, all semaphores and
shared segments were liberated. But, after we applied the allinone patch, we
always have one shared segment and one semaphore used by hobbit even if no
more hobbit process are running.

root at powell:/home/etienne/hobbit/hobbit-4.2.0# ps -ef | grep [h]obbit
root at powell:/home/etienne/hobbit/hobbit-4.2.0#
root at powell:/home/etienne/hobbit/hobbit-4.2.0# ipcs |grep hobbit
0x09038018 327690     hobbit    600        131072     0
0x09038018 884753     hobbit    600        3
root at powell:/home/etienne/hobbit/hobbit-4.2.0#

I tested this on several linux and behavior is the same. It seems really
strange to me.

Could you confirm me that this is not an issue ? When I discovered that
behavior, I though at first it could be from bbwin patch, but, it seems to
appear when the all inone patch is applied.

Thank you in advance for the help,

Etienne GRIGNON