MSGS test multiple log file monitoring

Gregory Wege gwege at infomanage.net
Wed Feb 27 18:48:32 CET 2008

Hello,

We're running aix hobbit client against linux hobbit server 4.2.0 with
allinone patch.

We're currently experiencing difficulty on msgs test alerts while using
multiple log file monitoring for various groups.

To explain further when msgs test state is already yellow or red if
another alert is captured we're not getting alerts.

##### hobbit-alerts.cfg

HOST=foo.com

        MAIL tech at foo.com FORMAT=PLAIN COLOR=RED,YELLOW
SERVICE=msgs,disk  EXGROUP=customergrp

        MAIL support at foo.com FORMAT=PLAIN COLOR=RED,YELLOW

For above example in my theory;

If msgs test turns yellow or red for group customergrp test an alert
sent to support at foo.com, but during that period (30mins) If there's
another alert captured not related to GROUP=customergrp alert is not
sent. In this example tech at foo.com is missing an alert related to it's
log file monitoring.

##### hobbit-clients.cfg

HOST=foo.com

LOG %.* %(Error|ERROR|error) COLOR=red

LOG %.* %(?-i)Severe COLOR=yellow

LOG %.* %(?-i)Warning COLOR=yellow

LOG /var/log/applicaton/apps.log %(?-i)error COLOR=yellow
GROUP=customergrp

Any ideas, help appreciated.

Thanks

-Greg