[hobbit] Best way to monitor server in a DMZ ? or remote LAN ?

L.M.J linuxmasterjedi at free.fr
Wed Feb 13 21:18:59 CET 2008

Le Tue, 12 Feb 2008 07:58:13 -0600,
Mike Eggleston <mikeegg1 at mac.com> a écrit :

> > BBDISP=127.0.0.1 + "pulldata" in the bb-hosts + removed "DISABLED"
> > msgcache in the clientlaunch.cfg
> >
> > I see the Hobbit server connection to the DMZ client now. The DMZ clients
> > do not try to reach the Hobbit server anymore. Good point!
> >
> > I *still* don't have any report from the DMZ host. Help please.
>
> When this is fixed, please post the changed files showing how you have
> the 'pulldata' working. No need to post all hosts, just the lines for this
> configuration.

Here we go : HOWTO monitor servers in a DMZ.

CLIENT SIDE

hobbitclient.cfg
  BBDISP="127.0.0.1"  <-- Changed from Hobbit server IP to localhost

clientlaunch.cfg
  [msgcache]
        # DISABLED  <-- Comment it
        ENVFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
        CMD $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/bin/msgcache --no-daemon --pidfile=$HOBBITCLIENTHOME/logs/msgcache.pid
        LOGFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/logs/msgcache.log

 [client]
         ENVFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
         CMD $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/bin/hobbitclient.sh --local  <-- Add --local
         LOGFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/logs/hobbitclient.log
         INTERVAL 5m

SERVER SIDE

hobbitlaunch.cfg
  [hobbitfetch]
          # DISABLED  <-- Comment it
          ENVFILE /home/users/hobbit/application/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
          CMD $BBHOME/bin/hobbitfetch --server=XX.XX.XX.XX --no-daemon
--pidfile=$BBSERVERLOGS/hobbitfetch.pid  <-- replace the IP by your Hobbit server one LOGFILE
$BBSERVERLOGS/hobbitfetch.log

bb-hosts
zz.zz.zz.zz  fqdn  # conn hobbitfetch pulldata  <- Add hobbitfetch pulldata, do NOT forget to put the IP

And it should work. Do not forget to restart client & server just in case.