[hobbit] how to specify the same log for different servers [client-local.cfg and LOG in hobbit-clients.cfg]

Szymon Bakowski szymon at bakowski.net
Wed Feb 13 15:29:40 CET 2008

Hmm, I am not sure of that.

I believe that * stands for ANY character, not just proceeding one -
you have to use classes to be able to use preceding characters.
Secondly, non-escaped dot stands for exactly one character so it has
to be escaped, hasn't it ? (So the entry in hobbit-client.cfg should
look more like this: LOG %/var/lib/app/host\.* "ERROR" yellow - but
what I am really after is something like  "LOG %/var/lib/app/host*
"ERROR" yellow" in hobbit-client.cfg and
"log:%/var/lib/app/host*:10240" in clients-local.cfg)

Also, as Henrik said, I cannot use regexp in clients-local.cfg (which
is a pain in the *** :D - just joking) but here is another question
coming:

Having two logs on two machines, from the same program but differently
named and not being able to use regex in clients-local.cfg, how can I
define files that I am after (files that particular hobbit client will
be exporting to server? - is the only solution here to make these logs
being named identical ?)?

Are regex expression not being paresed through whole client-local.cfg
file or just classes ?

ex.
In client-local.cfg I cannot use "log:%/var/lib/app/host??.log:10240"
(which would perfectly sorted my problem out matching one of the two
logs on both servers) or can I?

Regs

Szymon