how to specify the same log for different servers [client-local.cfg and LOG in hobbit-clients.cfg]

Szymon Bakowski szymon at bakowski.net
Tue Feb 12 18:14:11 CET 2008

Hello to all,

A quick question:

I do have to servers, load balanced, generating two logs comming from
the same application. My goal is to be able to log error messages from
these two machines, having different log names but logs holding the
same content.

Log on the firs machine is in format:

host1.log

and log on the other machine is

host2.log

What I did is in client-local.cfg file I have defined new class as following:

log:/var/lib/app/host*.log:10240

and tried to use it within hobbit-clients.cfg by doing (I do remember
that we can not uses classes within this file, just bb-hosts):

HOST=%host..\.domain\.com
        LOG %/var/lib/app/host* "ERROR" yellow

But unfortunatelly it doesnt work :(

Is there any viable exit from this situation? Am I missing something
here or it is simply not possible to do it that way?

Kind regards

Szymon