[hobbit] DNS resolution duration

Charles Goyard charles.goyard at orange-ftgroup.com
Tue Feb 12 17:09:52 CET 2008

Hi,

Josh Luthman wrote :

> Is there any way to set the DNS resolution timeout to something
> smaller?  Has anyone tried running bind9 on the Hobbit box itself and
> having it hold cache locally?  I have had two instances where Hobbit
> failed to resolve DNS for a completely unknown reason, even while the
> DNS test on the two hosts stay green!

I use pdnsd, it greatly improves response time, especially for http
checks (I use a older, libcurl-based version of bbtest-net for http).

Some other users also use a local DNS cache with improvements.

--
Charles Goyard - charles.goyard at orange-ftgroup.com - (+33) 1 45 38 01 31
Orange Business Services - online multimedia  // ingénierie