[hobbit] bbgen using full CPU

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Tue Feb 12 15:09:00 CET 2008

Henrik's solution for this problem was done as shown below...

cd hobbit-4.2.0
make clean
make
/etc/init.d/hobbit stop
killall bbgen
cp bbdisplay/bbgen ~hobbit/server/bin
/etc/init.d/hobbit start

The problem per Henrik:
"the problem probably was that some of the C modules had not been
recompiled. If the number of parameters to a function changes and the
code is not re-compiled, there will be some stack corruption when a
function returns - and this can cause all sorts of odd behaviour,
including the looping that you've seen."

--
Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340

--- Henry Spencer