Memory reporting - Solaris 10

Everett, Vernon Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au
Tue Feb 12 02:17:08 CET 2008

Hi all

Can anybody shed any light on this possible bug?
On my solaris system, I run swap -l and I get
# swap -l
swapfile             dev  swaplo blocks   free
/dev/vx/dsk/bootdg/swapvol 286,3002     16 16780208 16780208

16780208 blocks = 8Gb

An extract from vxprint shows
v  swapvol      swap         ENABLED  16780224 -        ACTIVE   -
-
pl swapvol-01   swapvol      ENABLED  16780224 -        ACTIVE   -
-
Again, 8Gb.

However, Hobbit server reports
   Memory              Used       Total  Percentage
Physical           7675M       8064M         95%
Swap               1928M      10139M         19%

Where does it get 10Gb of swap from?

If I run swap -s, I get
# swap -s
total: 1832936k bytes allocated + 502488k reserved = 2335424k used,
8006816k available

Regards
   Vernon

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential.
They may contain legally privileged information or
copyright material. You must not read, copy, use or
disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact us at once by return
email and then delete both messages and all attachments.