[hobbit] Best way to monitor server in a DMZ ? or remote LAN ?

L.M.J. linuxmasterjedi at free.fr
Mon Feb 11 13:05:17 CET 2008

> On Tuesday 05 February 2008 16:01:48 linuxmasterjedi at free.fr wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>   I would like to monitor servers inside a DMZ. Since the Hobbit-Clients
>> push the information to the server, they are not able reach the LAN
>> Hobbit
>> server : communication from the DMZ to the LAN is forbidden...
>>
>>   What is your experience in that area guys ?
>

> I use msgcache and the pulldata tag, so that the Hobbit server connects to
> the
> hosts being monitored ...

Alright, I've added "pulldata" in the bb-hosts from the server. I've
removed "DISABLED" msgcache in the clientlaunch.cfg file client.

Is there something else ?
 I still see my client inside the DMZ trying to reach the server without
success (blocked by the Firewall).
 I also see the server who make the request to the clients which is normal
BUT my DMZ hosts switched to purple!

 Did I mist something ?