setting up ldaps

McGraw, Robert P rmcgraw at purdue.edu
Thu Feb 7 21:45:08 CET 2008

I want to monitor our ldaps servers and also want to get the ssl certificate
notification.

In the bb.host file I have set the following.

	ldap://ldaphost.math.purdue.edu/ - returns green
	ldaps://ldaphost.math.purdue.edu/ - returns failed

I am trying to track down why ldaps is failing.

I have looked in the hobbit log files and do not see any error messages.

Where can I find the command that is used to poll the secure port for
ldaphost? I want to manually try this and see what is returned.

Thanks

Robert

Robert P. McGraw, Jr.
Manager, Computer System                    EMAIL: rmcgraw at purdue.edu
Purdue University                            ROOM: MATH-807
Department of Mathematics                   PHONE: (765) 494-6055
150 N. University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067