[hobbit] Client Data not showing up

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Thu Feb 7 17:24:13 CET 2008

On Thursday 07 February 2008 17:20:52 Snyder, Howard wrote:
> That is what I thought but I'm not getting anything to the server.

Is the client software running on the clients? Do you see anything in the
client log files on these clients? Do you see anything in the ghosts report
on the Hobbit server? When you start the client up, does the hostname printed
out match the name you are using in bb-hosts ?

> The
> only items that I see are the tests listed in the bb-hosts file:

I note that the recommendation is to use FQDNs ... if your servers have FQDNs
as their host name, this is most likely the cause of your problems.

> subparent New-Servers Backup-Servers Backup Servers
> 155.174.25.229  wfs-bkp01-atl           # ssh
> 155.174.25.232  wfs-bkp02-atl           # ssh
> #
> group Clustered Subsystems
> 155.174.25.230  wfs-bkp01a-atl          # ssh
> 155.174.25.231  wfs-bkp01b-atl          # ssh
> 155.174.25.233  wfs-bkp02a-atl          # ssh
> 155.174.25.234  wfs-bkp02b-atl          # ssh
>
> Am I just not telling the client or the server something.  I have tried to
> edit the hobbit-client.cfg file on the server to include:

The hobbit-client.cfg or client-local.cfg files don't determine whether or not
you see data from the clients, only how Hobbit interprets the data, and what
additional data the client sends (respectively). Without configuring
anything, you should still see the cpu, disk, memory checks at minimum.