[hobbit] bbgen using full CPU

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Feb 1 15:14:48 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 12:13:36AM -0500, Josh Luthman wrote:
> I have a problem after using the all-in-one patch. ( Last updated:
> never stops.  I've watched it take all the free CPU time for a good fifteen
> minutes now.

bbgen shouldn't take more than a few seconds to run. It's cpu-intensive,
but not that much. So something's broken.

If you haven't done it yet, kill it with a "kill -6 <process-ID>". This
should generate a core file, and it would be interesting to see what the
backtrace is (see the "Reporting bugs" on-line help).

> make install as hobbituser and root respectively.  Once Hobbit is started
> again, the bbgen ps takes over the CPU.

Sounds like it is reproducible. That's good (for debugging, at least!)