graphs missing text

Simon, Mark T (Mark Simon) mark.simon at verizonbusiness.com
Tue Dec 30 22:45:08 CET 2008

Hello Brothers and Big Sisters, I love the new name (guess why). I just
converted my Hobbit Server to a Xymon Server. I copied over the histlogs
and rrd files and everything is working with one small annoyance, my
graphs have no text. The graphs are generated with data, grids, arrows,
and lines but no labels or legends. I know this can happen if the fonts
are not installed but it works fine when running Hobbit on the same
server. I also manually generated a graph with rrdtool and it came out
fine. This happens for rrd files I copied from Hobbit and on ones newly
generated by Xymon.

I built Xymon on an HP-UX 11.23 IA64 server. I am using rrdtool ver
1.2.23 that I built on this same server.

The only build issue I had was I had to make a link /usr/local/pcre/lib
-> ../lib/hpux32 so pcre.sh could find the lib files.

Mark Simon Verizon USE-HP Support

2400 N Glenville Dr

Richardson, TX 75082

(972)729-5674 v777-5674