Iostat and/or Xymon graphing bug.

Everett, Vernon Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au
Tue Dec 30 06:35:03 CET 2008

Compliments of the season to you all

And a special thanks to Stef Coene for the iostat script.
Works great on my test server.

I have just one question.
How do I get rid of the extra blank iostat graph link URL?
See attached (hopefully the image will not be stripped)
In case it is stripped, I get the iostat graph, and then another link, with no graph.

The URLs are almost the same. Only the first=X is different.
The graph is
http://hobbithost/hobbit-cgi/hobbitgraph.sh?host=server1&service=iostat-disk&graph_width=576&graph_height=120&first=1&count=5&disp=server1&action=menu
The link is
http://hobbithost/hobbit-cgi/hobbitgraph.sh?host=server1&service=iostat-disk&graph_width=576&graph_height=120&first=6&count=5&disp=server1&action=menu

I am not using iostat-part, so my bb-host entry looks like this
1.2.3.4     server1 # ssh TRENDS:*,vmstat,disk:disk|iostat-disk NOCOLUMNS:msgs

I thought maybe this was a bug in displaying data from multiple rrd files on one graph that had some interesting edge-case at 6 fields, but on the trends page for another server, I have 8 data fields from 4 rrd files.
This gives me 1 graph, with 8 lines, and 2 additional links.
The graph has first=1
The next URL has first=5 and the next first=9

Any ideas?
(We are running Xymon 4.2.2)

Regards
    Vernon

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential.
They may contain legally privileged information or
copyright material. You must not read, copy, use or
disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact us at once by return
email and then delete both messages and all attachments.