[hobbit] Downtime tag syntax

Root, Paul Paul.Root at qwest.com
Thu Dec 18 18:36:39 CET 2008

I'm getting close.

What just worked for me in hobbit-alerts.cfg, was:

HOST=%$HG-VSNL COLOR=red,purple DURATION>7 TIME=*:1100:1030
        MAIL $NG-IM-ADMIN
        MAIL $NG-IM-ONCALL FORMAT=SMS

So send alerts from 11:00 am to 10:30 am every day.

What I'm trying right now is:

HOST=%$HG-VSNL COLOR=red,purple DURATION>7
        MAIL $NG-IM-ADMIN
        IGNORE SERVICE=procs TIME=*:1110:1130
        MAIL $NG-IM-ONCALL FORMAT=SMS

So the email would come, but the page wouldn't happen, and only on
procsm between 11:10 and 11:30 am.
I've had trouble with this, but that was when the machine was in a large
group, so I'm splitting it to it's own group (with it's backup server).

The former should work for you. It should look like:

HOST=<HOSTNAME> SERVICE=cpu,mysql COLOR=red DURATION>7 TIME=*:1800:1900
    MAIL <WHEREVER> FORMAT=SMS

Test it with

bbcmd hobbitd_alert --test <HOSTNAME> cpu --duration=8 time=1229646890

the time value is in epochtime. That number is seconds. It's roughly
6:30 pm CST.

Paul Root         IM/MNS Infrastructure