[hobbit] make command for xymon gives error

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Dec 18 11:07:38 CET 2008

In <74c599800812172307v29095c39r2e0986d36533103f at mail.gmail.com> "pankaj dorlikar" <pankaj.dorlikar at gmail.com> writes:

>I ma new to xymon/hobbit...
>"make " commad for xymon gives fallowing error :

>/usr/local/rrdtool-1.3.4/lib/libcairo.so.2: undefined reference to
>`png_set_tIME at PNG12_0'
>/usr/local/rrdtool-1.3.4/lib/libcairo.so.2: undefined reference to
>`png_set_write_user_transform_fn at PNG12_0'
>/usr/local/rrdtool-1.3.4/lib/libcairo.so.2: undefined reference to
>`png_set_strip_16 at PNG12_0'
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>make[1]: *** [hobbitgraph.cgi] Error 1

Try changing the "RRDLIBS" setting in the top-level "Makefile",
add "-lpng" at the end of the line.

I know rrdtool in version 1.3.x requires a lot of different
libraries to work, and it apparently does not pull them into
the linker automatically (depends on what type of system you're
compiling this on).