[hobbit] client data compression

Tue Dec 16 23:16:37 CET 2008

Josh Luthman wrote:
> I may have missed something here...but is this compression done
> already or is there a need to configure it?

Not sure...

> Also, when was 4.2.0 release?  I'm using the 4.2.0 release at the
> office currently and I'd like to know if the compression has been
> active or not (since Henrik has included it since March, presumably
> 2008).

August 2006 says sourceforge :)
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=128058

I would say from Henrik's response that it is only in the cvs version
right now, ie, what will become 4.3.0 when it is released. So you
won't have it now, and even if you upgrade to 4.2.2 you won't get it.
You would need to install the development version from cvs to get this
feature, or wait for 4.3.0

Regards,
Adam

> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Adam Goryachev
> <mailinglists at websitemanagers.com.au
>
> Henrik Størner wrote:
>> In <494744C7.20101 at websitemanagers.com.au
> <mailto:494744C7.20101 at websitemanagers.com.au>> Adam Goryachev
>
>>> So, is compression likely to be implemented into the hobbit
>>> client/server any time soon?
>
>> It's been in the main development trunk since March:
>
>> r5558 | henrik | 2008-03-02 13:44:57 +0100 (søn, 02 mar 2008) |
>> 2
> lines
>
>> Support on-the-fly compress/decompress of data
>
> Oops... perhaps this is a reason for me to upgrade to the dev
> version, though I'd of course prefer to wait for a proper
> release.... oh, the dilemma!
>
> Thanks for your hard work, and a great system BTW! It's been a
> while since we had a flurry of thank you emails :)

- --
Adam Goryachev
Website Managers
Ph: +61 2 8304 0000                            adam at websitemanagers.com.au