[hobbit] Can't override DISK defaults

Kauffman, Tom KauffmanT at nibco.com
Tue Dec 16 19:22:26 CET 2008

----Original Message----
From: Ben Yarwood [mailto:ben.yarwood at juno.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 1:16 PM
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: [hobbit] Can't override DISK defaults

> Hi
>
> I'm new to the list but have been using hobbit for around 4 years.
>
> I'm having a problem overriding the default DISK settings in
> hobbit-clients.cfg, no matter what I seem to add in to the file
> either specifying the host name directly or using a regular
> expression.
>
> All other changes to the hobbit-clients.cfg file are picked up
> immediately.
> Extract from the file is below.  We have upgraded to 4.2.2 today to
> see if that would solve the problem but unfortunately not.  I've also
> tried running the bbcmd (output also below) and it always reports the
> defaults for disk. (Prior to 4.2.2 being installed this produced a
> seg fault for the disk test).
>
> Hope someone can help.
> Thanks in advance
> Ben
>
> [hobbit at jrmanage server]$ bin/bbcmd hobbitd_client --test
> 2008-12-16 18:11:43 Using default environment file
> /home/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
> Hostname (.=end, ?=dump, !=reload) [jrmedi-a]: jrmedia-a Hosttype []:
> Test (cpu, mem, disk, proc, log, port): disk
> Filesystem:
> Yellow at 80%, red at 90%
>

> hobbit-clients.cfg

> DEFAULT
>         # These are the built-in defaults.
>         UP      1h
>         LOAD    5.0 10.0
>         DISK    * 80 90
>         MEMPHYS 100 101
>         MEMSWAP 50 80
>         MEMACT  90 97

> HOST=%jrmedia-.*
>         UP      30m
>         LOAD    10.0 15.0
>         DISK    * 95 97
>         MEMPHYS 100 101
>         MEMSWAP 50 80
>         MEMACT  90 97

> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

>From the comments at the start of hobbit-clients.cfg:

# The special DEFAULT section can modify the built-in defaults - this must
# be placed at the end of the file.

So move the DEFAULTS section to the bottom . . .

Tom

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email and any attachments are for the
exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in
reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please
notify us immediately by return email and promptly delete this message
and its attachments from your computer system. We do not waive
attorney-client or work product privilege by the transmission of this
message.