[hobbit] Xymon version 4.2.2 RC1 available

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Thu Dec 11 19:56:19 CET 2008

Sorry, again !

The problem still exist for me

If i make an easy "configure/make/make install" or
use my own hobbit.spec or now i use the first time the build/makerpm.sh script,

the html-man-pages are not be generated ?

So,  build/makehtml.sh will not be used or executed ...

How can i use it ?

thanks & cheers

 	martin

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, Martin Flemming wrote:

> Hi !
>
> .. ok, of course the man-pages were dynamic generated in the make-process by
> hobbit-4.2.2/build/makehtml.sh
>
> But why it won't be execute and how can i debug this ?
>
> .. or is that only my personal problem/setup ?
>

> thank & cheers,
>
> 	martin
>

> On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Martin Flemming wrote:
>

>>  Hi !
>>
>>  I think the html-man-pages are missing
>>
>>  docs/manpages/man1,5,7,8
>>
>>  ... but something is strange to me ..
>>
>>  in the 4.2.0-relaese
>>
>>  there are only these files in the complete tar-file
>>  http://hobbitmon.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/hobbitmon/branches/4.2.0.tar.gz?view=tar
>>
>>  not in the repository under
>>  http://hobbitmon.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/hobbitmon/branches/4.2.0/
>>
>>  .. or what i doing wrong ?
>>

>>  thanks & cheers,
>>
>>   martin
>>

>>  On Mon, 1 Dec 2008, Henrik Størner wrote:
>>
>> >   I've just made the release-candidate of version 4.2.2 available
>> >   for download on Sourceforge.
>> >
>> >   https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=128058&package_id=140220&release_id=644075
>> >
>> >   This is how I would expect the interim 4.2.2 release to be.
>> >   It includes the following changes from 4.2.0:
>> >
>> >   *) Due to the Hobbit project being renamed to Xymon (for
>> >     legal reasons), the documentation has been updated to
>> >     refer to this as the name of the project.
>> >   *) All patches from the "all-in-one" patch have been applied
>> >   *) Patches from Debian and Mandriva source archives and
>> >     elsewhere have been merged, fixing:
>> >     - The "Critical Systems" configuration report would crash
>> >       when hosts were in NKview.cfg, but no NK tags were in
>> >       bb-hosts (from Mandriva)
>> >     - SSL certificates with 4-digit expiration years would
>> >       crash the network tester (from Debian)
>> >     - Newer OpenLDAP versions have a different API, so
>> >       the LDAP test code would not build correctly (from
>> >       Debian)
>> >     - Old Big Brother clients report disk output with no
>> >       header line (from Debian)
>> >     - The bb-hosts syntax for HTTP testing via a proxy
>> >       could not support https target-URL's (from Debian)
>> >     - Certain SuSE versions would not be identified by
>> >       the Linux client as such (only affected OS name
>> >       displayed in the "info" status).
>> >   *) Support for sending custom graph data in a "trends"
>> >     data message (from
>> >     http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2007/01/msg00236.html)
>> >   *) Split-NCV and TRACKMAX support for custom graphs (from
>> >     http://www.hobbitmon.com/hobbiton/2007/03/msg00368.htm).
>> >   *) Support for the "BBWin" client http://bbwin.sf.net/
>> >     in centralized (server-side) configuration mode.
>> >     Based on BBWin v. 0.12.
>> >   *) Support for the "hobbit-perl-client" add-on
>> >     http://hobbit-perl-client.sf.net/ .
>> >     Based on perl-http-client v1.15
>> >   *) Support for the "Devmon" SNMP data collector
>> >     http://devmon.sf.net/ based on Devmon 0.3.0.

> [...]

Gruss

        Martin Flemming

Martin Flemming
DESY / IT          office : Building 2b / 008a
Notkestr. 85       phone  : 040 - 8998 - 4667
22603 Hamburg      mail   : martin.flemming at desy.de