[hobbit] Xymon version 4.2.2 RC1 available

SebA spa at syntec.co.uk
Tue Dec 9 16:06:05 CET 2008

Henrik Størner <mailto:henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:
> In <1228757124 at mknews.sslug.dk> "SebA" <spa at syntec.co.uk> writes:
>
>> Trunk also has this symlink issue:-
>
>> [web]# ls *footer -l
>> -rwxr--r--  1 hobbit hobbit   14 Dec  8 16:30 acknowledge_footer
>> [snip] All the 14 byte files (with the 'make install' timestamp)
>> contain the = text "link bb_footer" and that's it.  Please port the
>> fix over.
>
> Are you sure about that ? I just made a checkout of
> https://hobbitmon.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/hobbitmon/trunk/
> hobbitd/webfiles which has the "trunk" header+footer files, and it
> gave me a fine set of symlinks pointing at the bb_footer file.
>
> What SVN client are you using ? If it's a Windows-based client
> then I suspect it may not be able to handle symlinks correctly,
> since there's really no equivalent to symlinks on Windows.

Oops. My bad! I thought I thought I could download faster to my Windows
computer, which uses a different route, and then copy the directory tree
over to the Linux server, especially as I wanted a copy on my Windows
computer anyway! Sorry!

(There sort of are equivalents to symlinks on Windows, but they're pretty
obscure and fairly new: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_junction_point and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_symbolic_link,
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=341355 "how to create a
symbolic link under Win2K, WinXP, and above?", but
http://tortoisesvn.net/node/293 "Symbolic links should be supported".)

Oh, and I missed one symlink in my quoted e-mail from yesterday:
acknowledge_footer -> bb_footer.

SebA