[hobbit] Xymon version 4.2.2 RC1 available

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Dec 9 10:56:30 CET 2008

<tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com> writes:
> >The URL in the foot still points to http://hobbitmon.sourceforge.net/,
> >not sure if that is already known.
>
> Unfortunately that cannot be changed yet. Sourceforge has suspended
> project renaming currently.
>
> >Lots of references to "hobbit" in the rpm dir in the sources file, too.
> >  I'd make a patch but I'm not sure what needs to stay "hobbit" and what
> >can safely change to xymon.
>
> Right now I'm being cautious about it, and just changing it in
> the documentation and the generated web-pages. No filename changes
> at this point - I don't want to break stuff just before releasing
> a new version.

According to Mandriva package policy, I already need to change many things
from hobbit to xymon (user name, directory names it is installed to, init
script etc. etc.). It would be quite a bit easier to handle this once in a
%triggerpostun hobbit, than to handle multiple cases with multiple
%triggerpostun, some versioned, some not, moving different files/dirs at
different times, and make it relatively transparent to the average user who
just gets a new xymon package in the next release of their favourite distro

Buchan