[hobbit] Services listed multiple times on the info page

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Dec 3 10:19:03 CET 2008

In <20081203081657.GC12874 at mail3b.westend.com> Thomas =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=E4hn?= <tk at westend.com> writes:

>On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 09:28:22PM +0000, Henrik Størner wrote:
>> In <20081202085032.GI17972 at mail3b.westend.com> Thomas =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=E4hn?= <tk at westend.com> writes:
>>
>> >for some systems some services are listed multiple times in the alerting
>> >table on the info page. E.g. conn and cpu are listed three times but
>> >http is listed only once. Though there is no different alerting
>> >configuration for the different services.
>>
>> Could you try running the command
>>    bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdboard host=HOSTNAME test=conn fields=hostname,testname,color"
>>
>> for one of those hosts ? It should print out just a single line - if there
>> are multiple lines that would be an error.
>>
>> I've seen it happen on rare occasions, but haven't been able to track
>> it down yet. It's one of those 'this cannot happen' things.

>thanks for your response.

>This problem seems to be simple problem when matching the hostname:

># bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdboard host=manager test=conn fields=hostname,testname,color"
>manager|conn|green
>managereval|conn|green
>managertest|conn|green

This should be fixed already in the 4.2.2 RC1 - it wraps the hostname
in "^...$" regex anchors so it should get data only from the exact
hostname. In other words, it now queries using

bb 127.0.0.1 'hobbitdboard host=^manager$ test=conn fields=hostname,testname,color'

which should return only a single host.

It would be nice if you could verify that 4.2.2-RC1 fixes this. If
you're reluctant to update all of your system to the RC, you can try
just compiling it and then copy the web/hobbitsvc.cgi binary to your
current ~hobbit/server/bin/ directory.