[hobbit] Xymon version 4.2.2 RC1 available

Graham Nayler graham.nayler at hallmarq.net
Mon Dec 1 17:06:57 CET 2008

I'm not running 4.2 code, but looking at the source for areas I have had
some interest in in 4.3, I think there are a few bugs in this:

hobbitd\rrd\do_ncv.c
------------
1) NCV or SPLITNCV will not recognise signed values.
Line 75: skip past '-' or '+' before strspn call.

2) Potential inconsistent results if SPLITNCV datasource name starts with a
non-alphanum.
Line113: check for outidx==0 before checking dsname[outidx-1]

3) Memory leak in SPLITNCV.
Line 190: call xfree(params[i]) prior to setting params[i] = NULL.
paridx really ought to be reset to 1 here also. As it stands it is reset on
the next iteration, but that's really ugly.

4) Lines 198-202 are either unnecessary or dangerous. params[2] is
uninitialised at start of routine (line30), or when reinitialised (line
130). This section could possibly attempt to free random values in memory if
the routine failed to find any valid SPLITNCV lines in input. Unnecessary if
valid SPLITNCV lines found.

5) This routine will not recognise input lines with &{RED|YELLOW|GREEN}
prior to the dsname. Maybe this was a 4.3 functional improvement? (4.3 code
sits between lines 72 and 73 of this file).

hobbitd\client\bbwin.c
-------------------
6) Timediff from BBWIN clients with central configuration.
The BBWIN client 0.12 reports its epoch as whole seconds only, without the
decimal part. The current code fails if no decimal part is supplied. So in
hobbitd\client\bbwin.c, function bbwin_clock_report() replace the lines
186-7
                p = strstr(clockstr, "epoch:");
                if (p && (sscanf(p, "epoch: %ld.%ld", (long int
*)&clockval.tv_sec, (long int *)&clockval.tv_usec) == 2)) {
by
                int fields;

                p = strstr(clockstr, "epoch:");
                clockval.tv_usec = 0;
                if (!p)
                      ; /* do nothing further */
                else if( (fields = sscanf(p, "epoch: %ld.%ld", (long int
*)&clockval.tv_sec, (long int *)&clockval.tv_usec)) < 1)
                     dbgprintf("Failed to parse time from '%s'\n", p);
                else {

This will now accommodate either decimal or integer timestamps

Graham Nayler