[hobbit] Secondary ping?

michael nemeth michael.nemeth at lmco.com
Thu Aug 28 16:01:52 CEST 2008

Ive unix and linux system but script is a script.
 >Is this because it is a cluster or something?
No I think it because the network team makes changes but tell no one AND
the attitude "well it works for Windoze boxes" .

But it may and I believe  can be  due too  other network problems, like
too much  traffic.
Probable what I'll  is a script .  Now ,I don't think that a route
actually need to be network hardware; at least I've routed though
servers before  in one card out another.

I was thinking of  something like  hobbit server
xxx.xxx.xxx Hostb # route:router1,Hosta route2,router3

Or setting up a bbnet on Hosta

Or as you say a script.

Looking to see If others have handed this problem through hobbit before
I did something or if some would say ; "Yes use route or bbnet would be
better choice  or something else ."!