[hobbit] Solaris Zones: Monitoring via SNMP

Ralf Weber hobbit at fl1ger.de
Thu Aug 21 22:42:16 CEST 2008

Moin!

On Aug 21, 2008, at 22:31 , s_aiello at comcast.net wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience monitoring Sun Solaris servers and
> zones ?  I
> do not have access to the global zone, only the isolated zone. So
> the ext
> script on the shire isn't an option. Can each hosted Zone stats be
> polled via
> SNMP from the global Zone ?
Well you can package the hobbit client so that all variables are linke
to the non read-only mount part of the non-global zone. You have to
install this package in the global zone, but can configure it
differently in every non global zone. The output of the hobbit client
directory then looks like this:
rw at dns15:~$ ls -l /opt/hobbit/client/
total 18
drwxr-xr-x   2 hobbit   hobbit      1024 Jul 22 03:41 bin
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          19 Jul 22 03:41 etc -> ../../../
etc/hobbit
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          23 Jul 22 03:41 ext -> ../../../
var/hobbit/ext
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          24 Jul 22 03:41 logs -> ../../../
var/hobbit/logs
-r-xr-xr-x   1 hobbit   hobbit      3983 Sep 27  2007 runclient.sh
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          23 Jul 22 03:41 tmp -> ../../../
var/hobbit/tmp

> Thank you for any info, suggestions, you can offer,
I can if you want sent you complete instruction on how to build a
solaris package for a hobbit client if you want (I can only give u an
smf manifest for CNS if you know what that is ;-).

So long
-Ralf
---
Ralf Weber