[hobbit] URL DNS Errors

Mike Rowell Mike.Rowell at Rightmove.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 18:18:07 CEST 2008

James,

Are you using the c-ares resolver libraries from within hobbit... if you
are this could be the cause of the problem.

Check under the known issues from the drop down in the menu it's the
third entry on mine "DNS error reported for network tests"

Mike

From: James Wade [mailto:jkwade at futurefrontiers.com]
Sent: 21 August 2008 15:41
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: [hobbit] URL DNS Errors

Hello All,

I'm getting random DNS errors on URL's from Hobbit.

There appears to be nothing wrong with DNS.

This is causing pages on production systems, and I'm

getting complaints from folks. I really need a work around

for this.

Thanks....James

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs service.